Pictures will have to wait until I get new batteries for my camera. Batteries acquired! Fortunately it made enough for leftovers.
Tonight’s dinner was really, really good.
- Baguette, brie, and smashed cloves of roasted garlic
- Red pepper soup
To make the soup:
- Chop 1 yellow onion and soften it in olive oil in a heavy soup pot until tender
- Shake in 1/2 tsp of dried dill
- Add 2 chopped red or yellow bell peppers and cook for 4 minutes with the onion, dill, and oil.
- Add water to cover and a cube of vegetable boullion.
- Stir in 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- Bring to a boil and then simmer at a lower heat for 20 minutes.
- Puree in batches in a blender or use a stick blender
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Stir in a spoonful of creme fraiche or plain yogurt when serving to add a little creaminess and a tangy flavor (optional)
I’m really sad I couldn’t take a picture – soup came out a bright tomato red and was great with the garlicky bread & cheese.